Spice | Spirit | Serenity
Kochi | Periyar | Allepy | Trivandrum
13 - 23 February 2019
11 Days | 10.5 Nights
Join Lisa Allwell on an amazing 11-day yogic journey to the Indian state of Kerala. Together we’ll explore the beautiful southern region of India, experiencing the culture, devotion, and grace of southern Indian life.
Our adventure will begin in the port city of Kochi where we will traverse quaint laneways, shop in local markets and explore colonial heritage sites. We will then travel to the Western mountain ghats, visiting the Periyar National Wildlife Park to spot wild elephants and perhaps even a tiger.
Next, we will spend two magical nights meandering through the backwaters of Kerala on luxury houseboats exploring the waterways and village life of Kerala. We continue our travels down the west coast and our final days will be spent on the cliffs overlooking palm-fringed beaches and the Arabian Sea staying in a renowned Ayurveda Resort. You’ll nurture yourself with one of the most ancient and holistic systems of health, exploring a blissful array of treatments. You’ll learn some cooking skills too, as we immerse ourselves in all that this land of spices has to offer.
Threaded throughout this tour will be a yoga & meditation program. Together we’ll explore an Indian approach to yoga, which is not just about physical movement but involves devotion, gratitude and a focus on gracefully navigating life.
Let’s dive into an experience of sacred India and be amazed, awakened, pampered and delighted. This will be the fourth year that Lisa has led Indian tours and she has chosen the best of what Mother India has to offer, for you to enjoy.
- 7-nights in 5-star accommodation
- 3.5 nights in 4-star accommodation in Trivandrum Ayurveda Resort
- 10 daily buffet breakfasts
- 6 dinners (including 2 on a luxury houseboat)
- 3 lunches (including 2 on a luxury houseboat)
- 3 Ayurveda massage treatments
- Full-day use until evening departure at 7pm or overnight until midday
- International airport transfers
- English speaking tour guides
- All sightseeing as per program with a private driver and air-conditioned coach
- Yoga and meditation program personally facilitated by Lisa Allwell
- Local sightseeing in Colonial Kochin with English-speaking guide
- Market and laneway shopping & boat cruise Kochi
- Spice plantation visit, nature walk and boating at Lake Periyar in the National Park
- 2 nights luxury houseboat journey on the beautiful Keralan Backwaters
- Experience the backwater village life, school visit and backwater canoes
- 3 Ayurveda massage treatments in a renown Ayurveda resort
- Special inclusion: 10 nights yoga and meditation facilitated by Lisa Allwell (priceless, obviously!)
- International flights to and from India
- Travel insurance
- Applicable visas
- Meals not specified above
AUD $4497 per person (twin share)
AUD $5997 per person (single)
Email us using the button below and we'll send you the booking conditions and payment plan details. Questions? Phone Lisa on 0421 395 524.
Our Travel Partner
This bespoke tour was created in partnership with Essence of India Tours. Essence of India Tours are travel specialists who create unique travel experiences designed for the discerning traveller. You will travel in comfort and stay in beautiful quality accommodation. All the small details are taken care of so that you can immerse yourself in this unforgettable experience. They can help with flights, travel insurance and adding other destinations in India.