Temples | Traditions | Transcend
Delhi | Varanasi | Rishikesh | Delhi
24 February - 7 March 2019
12 Days | 11 Nights
Join Sharon Spencer and Lisa Allwell on an amazing 12-day adventure to the Himalayan Foothills and beyond. Rishikesh is the birthplace of yoga and is a magnet for spiritual seekers.
Together we’ll explore relaxed streets filled with ashrams, wandering sadhus and colourful wares. You’ll immerse yourself in the vibrant festivities of International Yoga Week, where old and new yoga traditions can be experienced side by side. We’ll meditate in an ancient cave, watch the sunrise from a mountaintop temple and dip a toe into India’s most sacred river.
Continue the spiritual journey as we fly on to Varanassi, the holiest city in India and a pilgrimage destination for millennia. You’ll cruise down Mother Ganges at sunrise, witnessing sacred fire ceremonies, watching life unfold. You’ll meditate on the ghats, explore medieval streets and be captivated by the colour and chaos. You will explore bustling markets, historic forts and mosques, holy shrines and orange-robed sadhus.
Threaded throughout this tour will be a yoga & meditation program facilitated by Lisa Allwell and Sharon Spencer, with a light-hearted discourse about the history, philosophy and modern relevance of this ancient practice. Lisa has been the Australian Ambassador to the International Yoga Festival twice, and this will be her forth year leading tours to India. She will invite you to explore an Indian approach to yoga, which is not about physical movement but involves devotion, gratitude and a focus on gracefully navigating life.
You will travel in comfort and stay in beautiful quality accommodation. All the small details are taken care of so that you can immerse yourself in this unforgettable experience. You’ll travel in the wonderful company of like-minded souls as we explore yoga & meditation in its country of origin.
- 4 nights in 5-star accommodation
- 7 nights in 4.5-star accommodation in Rishikesh
- 11 daily buffet breakfasts
- 7 dinners (including a rooftop BBQ dinner and 6 lunches)
- International and domestic airport transfers
- English-speaking tour escort and guides
- All sightseeing as per program with a private driver and air-conditioned coach
- Domestic flights from Delhi to Varanasi, Varanasi via Delhi to Rishikesh and Rishikesh to Delhi
- Yoga and meditation program with Sharon Spencer and Lisa Allwell
Note: The holy cities of Rishikesh and Varanassi are vegetarian and alcohol free.
- Take a rickshaw ride through Chandi Chowk bazaar of Old Delhi, visit India Gate and Huymayun’s Tomb
- Sunset cruise and spectacular evening Arti on the sacred Ganges River Varanasi
- Experience the rituals and life awakening on your sunrise cruise on the Ganges Varanasi
- 3-day event tickets to International Yoga Week (in the ‘holy city’ of Rishikesh)
- Sacred Devi Temple sunrise and walking tour in Rishikesh
- Visit Vishatha Cave and meditate on the banks of the sacred Ganges
- Closing Homa fire ceremony and rooftop farewell dinner in Rishikesh
- Visit the Beatles Ashram and witness sacred Aarti on the Ganges in Rishikesh
- Special inclusion: 11 nights yoga and meditation personally facilitated by Sharon Spencer and Lisa Allwell (priceless…obviously!)
- International flights to and from India
- Travel insurance
- Applicable visas
- Meals not specified above
- Day 1: Arrival: Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport. Upon arrival and once you have cleared customs, you will be personally met by our representative in the arrivals hall who will assist you to transfer from the airport and check into your hotel.
- Day 2: Your journey begins with a city tour to Old & New Delhi. Visit Humayuns Tomb, Jama Masjid Mosque and take a rickshaw ride to explore the vibrant laneways of Chandni Chowk bazzar. Drive by the Red Fort and the classical India Gate. & Parliament house. After lunch we will have time to experience the beauty and serenity of the Sikh Guruwara Bangla temple and end the day shopping at Dili Haat Markets.
- Day 3: Board your flight and we are off to the holy city of Varanasi. After a beautiful lunch at our hotel, we will proceed later to the river Ganges for your sunset boat cruise and experience the spectacular sacred evening Aarti ceremony.
- Day 4: Up early at dawn, proceed for your long boat ride on River Ganges where you will witness the Hindu pilgrims perform rituals on the ghats and the burst of humanity as Varanasi comes to life. Later in the morning further sightseeing in the Old city. Wind through narrow laneways, old city buildings, local bazaars. Rickshaw rides and dinner complete our day.
- Day 5: Early morning start as we take flights to the next holy city of Rishikesh and our 7 days amongst International Yoga Week.
Day 6: Early morning start for a spectacular start up the base of the Himalayan mountains for our Kunjapuri Devi Temple Sunrise Tour. Our day is full of exploring as after breakfast we commence on walking and tuk tuk tour of Rishikesh , the Beatles Ashram and bazzar shopping fills out day. In this time we will orientate for the following 3 days of International Yoga Week.
- Day 7: Full Day International Yoga Week and Aarti on the Ganges
- Day 8: Full Day International Yoga Week
- Day 9: Full Day International Yoga Week
- Day 10: We continue the spiritual essence by travelling to the sacred Vashisth Cave for meditation near the banks of the Ganges River, upon our return time will be at leisure to explore Rishikesh and return in time for a very special evening fire Ceremony and Rooftop Dinner.
- Day 11: At Leisure Yoga programme.
- Day 12: Early morning yoga then farewell to Rishikesh as we board our flight to Delhi, enjoying afternoon tea and then transferring to your evening flight departure.
AUD $4497 per person (twin share)
AUD $5487 per person (single)
Email us using the button below and we'll send you the booking conditions and payment plan details. Questions? Phone Lisa on 0421 395 524.
Our Travel Partner
This bespoke tour was created in partnership with Essence of India Tours. Essence of India Tours are travel specialists who create unique travel experiences designed for the discerning traveller. You will travel in comfort and stay in beautiful quality accommodation. All the small details are taken care of so that you can immerse yourself in this unforgettable experience. They can help with flights, travel insurance and adding other destinations in India.