Yoga for Stiff Men
Does the thought of going to a yoga class summons feelings of both curiosity & ligament-snapping fear? Well then dear friend, this ‘blokes only’ workshop is for YOU.
Inflexibility, muscular tightness and stress are all too common in a mans life. Muscular imbalance and tightness formed in gym training, and increasingly demanding work & social pressures means the modern man needs yoga more than ever! It has been proven that yoga is not only transformational for our physical bodies, but an incredible tonic for our emotional wellbeing too.
Join Susanna (self-confessed tom-boy & lover of extreme sports) for two-hours of FUN, accessible yoga in a relaxed, informal atmosphere. A journey for both the super-fresh, or regular yogi wanting to gain more confidence in the studio, and deeper understanding of their practice.
Over the course of the workshop we will:
- Lightly touch on anatomy - WHY do men have the physical restrictions that they do and how can we work with them?
- Enjoy a slow flow class with focus on building strength and stamina (you know, all that stuff boys love!) while using props to help support and grow your practice.
- Unravel and unwind tight ligaments, tendons and connective tissue with some releasing, grounding Yin yoga.
- Experience a stress busting Yoga Nidra (guided) meditation.
- Then finally, the reward for having the courage to roll out your mat? A complimentary, ice cold Cavalier Craft Pale Ale or coconut water to enjoy
Places are strictly limited to ensure space and comfort for all yogis.
Saturday 25 August 1pm to 3pm Investment: $50